Linthorpe Surgery and the North Ormesby Branch of Linthorpe Surgery both aim to provide a high level of service to all our patients. We, therefore, welcome your feedback in the form of comments, compliments or complaints to help shape our care and make our surgery safe, helpful and effective.
If you wish to complain about the care you or a relative have received from Linthorpe Surgery please follow the directions below. Please note that, if you are complaining on behalf of another person, we must adhere to strict rules of medical confidentiality and will require the patient’s written permission for you to proceed with the complaint. A note signed by the patient concerned will be sufficient.
How to complain
We hope to resolve most issues easily and quickly with the person concerned at the time they arise. However, if you wish to take the issue further, the following are options available to you:
· Speak to a member of staff who will note your issue.
· Email your complaint to: email@example.com
· Hand a written complaint to the surgery at either site or post your written complaint to:
The Operational Manager
378 Linthorpe Road
Please ensure that you include your name and DOB.
You should register your complaint as soon as possible, ideally within a few weeks. This will enable us to investigate your complaint and establish what has happened.
If this is not possible, please endeavour to register your complaint within 12 months of the original incident or of discovering that you have a problem.
It is important that you are as specific as possible regarding the details of your complaint, ie dates, times, details, names of staff involved (if appropriate).
However you register your complaint, we will send an acknowledgement within 3 working days.
We aim to investigate all complaints and respond formally within 21 working days of the date the complaint was received by us.
When we look into your complaint, we aim to:
· Identify what happened and what went wrong
· Enable you to discuss the issue with a member of the management team if required.
· Identify what we can do to avoid the issue arising again.
· Ensure we communicate our findings with you and work together to resolve the issue.