People with dementia and their carers should be able to access general practice and receive the best quality care and support.
As a dementia friendly general practice we aim to provide better support for people with dementia and their carers by:
- Improving quality of care and support for people with dementia
- Supporting national frameworks and standards for dementia including the NHS England Well Pathway and the CCG Improvement and Assessment Framework
- Supporting key lines of enquiry of the Care Quality Commission
- Reducing missed appointments and repeat appointments
- Increasing dementia awareness and understanding for all practice staff, as well as contributing to personal development and job satisfaction
Find out more about being a dementia friendly practice on the Alzheimers Society website or Dementia Friends website